Heading East


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Dakota » Medora
July 26th 2010
Published: July 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I was thinking of dropping this travel blog but have decided to keep going. It's a good form of entertainment for me (keeps me out of the bars!) So, I'll get caught up then try to post regularly while we're on the road.


05/01/2010 - 06/01/2010: Walla Walla, Washington, with friends Fred & Lani. Had disappointing weather (too much rain) but still enjoyed the town. WW has always been one of my favorite places, specially during spring when the flowers and trees are in bloom. WW has a small but vibrant downtown area with great shops and many nice restaurants. Also has many beautiful parks, a great farmer's market and a nice public golf course. And it has over 90 wineries! We were there for Spring Release weekend so did lots of tasting 😊 Also discovered a place that makes apple cider. Mmmmm. Windy & rainy for Balloon Stampede weekend but they did launch. Altogether, a good month.


06/01/2010 - 07/01/2010: Spokane RV & Golf Resort at Deer Park, Washington. This our 4th year landing here for all or part of the summer. It's beginning to feel like home! Lots of rain and cold weather this summer. Not so much golf. Bummer😞 Still had lots of time with friends so it was a great month.


07/01/2010 - 07/12/2010: Family time at Robinson Lake in north Idaho. Todd (Terry's son) & Sheri with their family - Kami (17) & her friend Dani, Krister (3) & Kessa (1), and Christina (Terry's daughter) with her family Jacob (13), Bryson (10) & Shevi (4) all took over the lake house while Bill (Linda's brother) moved into his motorhome and we stayed in our motorhome. At various times we also saw Linda's father and her brother John with his 2 girls, Virginia (17) and Ellen (14). Much confusion but a lot of fun. By the 8th all company was gone and we spent a few days cleaning up and gettng the motorhome ready for our journey east.


07/13/2010: A travel day. Robinson Lake to Deer Lodge, Montana. Had a very nice drive taking secondary roads.


7/14/2010 - 7/15/2010: Billings, Montana. Spent 2 nights here in order to visit with Linda's sister, Meda, and her new husband, Ritt, and to attend a concert at their home with western singer Juni Fisher. Really enjoyed the concert and had a great time seeing Meda's home, meeting all the cowboys & horses at their place, and just getting caught up on family news.


On to Medora, North Dakota....


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb