North Dakota Heritage Center


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My nephew is a lover of history so we decided to spend a couple hours on a warm day in the air conditioned comfort of the North Dakota Heritage Center. I hadn't toured the Center for many years. The Museum is very full of items relating to North Dakota's history. So full in fact that they are trying to get the funds to expand because they have so much in storage that they are unable to display.

The Center is the largest museum in the State of North Dakota and located on the campus of the State Capitol. There are also lots of statues located outside throughout the grounds which are worthy of the walk. Actually, you can drive up to most of them. The Center has several dinosaur and fossil exhibits on display from finds located by Dickinson, ND (Dickinson has a separate dinosaur museum).

The Center also has several items of interest to kids and a decent gift shop full of North Dakota items. The Center is also home to the state's archives which are wonderful if you are interested in historical items or family history. It ended up being a nice way to spend a few hours on a hot day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 18; qc: 94; dbt: 0.1384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb