Summer Camp - Intersession


Advertisement
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After the first session of kids had left, we had 4 days until the second session arrived, so we got quite a bit of time off. Mick got to go play golf at the best course he had ever seen (even better than the Jasper Park Lodge in Canada). It’s called the Cleghorn Plantation and is rated in the top 50 courses in the USA. To top it all off, it only cost $50 to play including Cart. Mick played OK but really enjoyed being out on such a beautiful course again. Only problem is that no one in our group remembered to bring a camera. They also happened to encounter a massive thunderstorm and had to head back to the clubhouse. They were completely soaked by the time they got there and waited about an hour before they could go back out to complete our round.

While Mick was at golf Hayley was tubing down the Green river with about 20 other staff members. Although the water level was sometimes not high enough (you’d bump your bum on a submerged rock) and they weathered out a massive storm to get there it was fantastic fun. The group that went was really wide and varied so you got to have a good chat with lots of people. You would have to hang onto each others tubes by the handles or lock feet or hold hands, some smart people brought twine to tie tubes together. This came especially in handy for Lauren as she had her cast on and was unable to use her hands to steer so we tied her up with a handler for the afternoon. Halfway along the river there was a tree swing so of course they stopped for a while to jump out of the tree, swing and egg each other on. The river trip was meant to be 2 hours long but they seemed to miss the stop to get out and be collected by the bus so they ended up floating down for another couple of hours. They had a good laugh when poor Amanda ran into an overhanging tree and swore she felt something in her hair. Hayley dutifully checked her hair out and Hayley thought Amanda was having her on because there was in fact a fishing lure that must have been stuck in the tree attached to one of her dreads!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb