North Carolina stay


Advertisement
Published: June 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Two days behind, so will try to catch up. Weather was even clearer second day of travel. Spent night in Cornelius NC, about 50 miles north of Charlotte. Charlotte can be rough to drive through, so wanted to be further north Before stopped. Stayed right before Lake Norman which is a large rambling lke. You actually cross parts of it three times. I was very impressed with the town. it seems to be very conscious of it‘s Heritage and old town feeling despite being pretty large. My motel was off a main road, but nestled among old trees that cut the traffic noise way down. I asked at the desk about places to go and the nice lady sent me to Birkdale Commons, which is a modern area with shops and restaurants below and two stories of apartments above, all in buildings reminiscent of old established towns. Huge trees, divided streets with parks and planting’s in the middle, underground parking hidden from view and eclectic shops and eateries throughout. Had a wonderful walk and yummy dinner. I decided to hook up the TomTom and find a non-highway back. Never had to go on a main road and found another shopping/living area less than a mile from hotel. More exploring on way home after trip, I believe.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb