North Carolina too?


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After letting Savannah back in the house (she'd gotten locked out talking to her boyfriend outside on the phone), we set settled in to sleep. Everyone in the house all got moving relatively early, had breakfast and we all set out to Danny and Mary's house to pick them up. We rounded up all the kids and adults and headed out to a nearby park to take a walk. It was a gorgeous morning - if you don't mind near 90% humidity - and the 1/2 mile walk seemed much longer to us Californians. But the scenery was pretty and it was fun to watch the little kids run and play.

The path ended at a pond where Lily decided to go skinny-dipping. If it wasn't illegal for those of us over age 3, it was warm enough some us might have joined her. We walked back and all headed to the local pizza joint and microbrewery for lunch. This place had both a pizza buffet and games for the kids which allowed Gabe and his siblings a bit more time to catch up, reminisce and chat. From there, the road crew got back on the road and started our journey westward.

We had an uneventful drive back to Gabe's mom's house where Gabe took Alynne and Daniel (and the rest of us) out for a nice dinner. After that, in addition to more laundry, Rece hung with Daniel watching him play video games, Sam read her book and played with the dogs and we all watched some old family movies. Alynne gave Gabe his birthday present, his old trading cards still in great condition.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

FencesFences
Fences

I'm not sure if my interest in fences will last too long but the influence of the Devil's Rope museum lasted a bit


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb