Hard to Believe Tomorrow is Our Departure Date


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Westchester
February 16th 2006
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It's hard to believe that it's been an entire year since I sat down to write a blog but it's been that long since we've been to Israel. Last year, five intrepid travelers from Community Synagogue journeyed to Israel for an amazing 10 days. This year, the number swelled to 36! Our group has participants from age 3 to 73 and everyone in between. There are 12 kids under age 14 so we are in for quite an adventure.
Our trip will take us to the following places in Israel (see if you can find them on the map): Tel Aviv, Caesarea, Zichron Ya'akov (home of the famous Carmel Winery), past Haifa, Kibbutz Goshrim, The Golan Heights, Tzfat, Tree planting at the Golani junction, Neve Ur resevoir, Beit Shean, Jerusalem, Ein Gedi, Massada and the Dead Sea. But of course, those are only places on a map. Along the way we will meet with Israelis, we will learn about the history of the places we visit, we will put our hands into the soil of Israel, we will pray and eat and see and grow. And, as we travel the routes of this incredible land, we will hopefully be drawn closer to our own roots.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb