Home Sweet Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Schenectady
March 7th 2009
Published: October 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

All of us at Northport, LI BeachAll of us at Northport, LI BeachAll of us at Northport, LI Beach

Vivian had a wonderful birthday weekend.
There's no place like home. We love where we live here in upstate New York. Here are a few of the things we have done, here at home, over the past year. Nothing was over 150 miles from home. Starting back in the winter, we loved attending PBS's "Celtic Women" concert at Proctor's Schenectady (with 10 of our closest relatives) who are all a BIG part of the reason why we like it HERE! We're already signed up for The Nutcracker with a gaggle of grandchildren, nieces and nephews; and the Broadway tour of Wicked in December, both at Proctor's. I'm going through my calendar ... We went to several parties at Glen Sanders Mansion, Scotia (the large party place to be in Schenectady County) and also enjoyed the grand opening of the lovely new Tuscan style dining room Angelo's Tavelo where they make fresh mozzarella table side. We have our traditions - Carney's, Ballston Lake for St. Patrick's Day. Beth's in laws in Saratoga for Mother's Day, Beth & Chris's in Vermont for Father's Day, Pollard's in Ballston Lake for Fourth of July. We went to Northport Long Island for Memorial Day (Vivian's 6th Birthday) and got to Vermont for Casey's 8th and Jack's 6th birthdays. We had a grand time in Lake Placid mid summer and enjoyed the races even more since the McMahon's bought a box. We did Lake George, SPAC for Ballet and the Philadelphia Orchestra, and a wonderful performance of Madama Butterfly at the Little Theatre. We fished, boated, tubed and fiddled with the flower garden. We're getting The Schooner ready for its trip south - different itinerary ... earlier departure. Stay tuned!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The Kids Formed a Rock GroupThe Kids Formed a Rock Group
The Kids Formed a Rock Group

We will, we will rock you... over and over -
Flower GardenFlower Garden
Flower Garden

Working hard on maintenance free garden - that's an oxymoron for sure. Managed to have color right up until frost; mostly from perennials.
Beth's GardenBeth's Garden
Beth's Garden

Beth and Chris's new house is well landscaped. There are hundreds of lilys on the back slope.


14th October 2009

GOD'S BLESSINGS
DEAR JOANNE AND WES...WHAT A LOVELY COLLAGE OF FAMILY...YOU ALL LOOK SO HAPPY AND FUN-LOVING...THESE BLOGS WILL BE A WONDERFUL LEGACY FOR THE GRANDS AND FUTURE GT. GRANDS SOME DAY. HAPPY TRAVELS...HELENE
15th October 2009

Loved the Lobster Fest Photo
So glad to see Lobster Fest included in your summertime activities. What would Schenectady Day Nursery do without you and Wes at this event????
15th October 2009

We love Schenectady Day Nursery Lobster Fest - It's a great part of our summer. Glad you noticed.
15th October 2009

I know, it's like a Christmas letter; hope it isn't obnoxious.
15th October 2009

....let me guess. RE: the firtst pic. You daughter is in front wearing pink. The guy next to Lee is your son??
15th October 2009

You got it Stella! They look a lot like us. BTW we had a blast at Wes - Lee's 50 HS Reunion last weekend - lot of people you know were there - sat with the DiNallo's (Linda/Jerry) and Marge's great friend Mary Grace looked lovely.

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.1038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb