Road Trip thanksgiving


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
October 19th 2008
Published: October 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

crossing the border to the statescrossing the border to the statescrossing the border to the states

before I got held in customs again
For thanksgiving weekend we took a roadtrip south to New York State, then down through Pennsylvannia to Algegheny Forest in the Jeep.
Here we met up with friends and went wildwest camping. We actually stayed in a cowboy wagon and had campfires and beers.
The weather was amazing for the weekend and over 25 and sunny in October, the trees and colours were fantastic as the fall colours are starting to come out. We visited a real local restaurant in the small town of Sigel, which was exactly as you can imagine from TV.
The only veggie food was a side salad for me ! The place itself had a zoo as part of it, which we visited. The animals did look a bit sad and it wasn't the largest of zoo's- but as you are allowed to shoot and kill what you want in US, then at least these animals were alive and well fed. The old bear was cool, and the zoo keeper did say he was too old to live in the wild.
On the second day we went horse riding through one of the forest which was great !
The colours in the fall were amazing and the camping was a real experience.
Still yet to see some big game wildlife- ( I have seen racoons,eagles and Squirrels)


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb