Bling City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
October 21st 2005
Published: October 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Many would have heard of alternate names for New York City, such as the Big Apple and...well I am sure there is another one. I hereby add another name to that list, Bling City. The reason being is that it is a city full of bling and gangsters, and not much else. Even the buildings are blingy with all of their glass and stainless steel, fancy billboard adverts like in Times Square and whatnot. And of course, the people here like to wear lots of blingy clothes and jewellery.

Not much is bigger than New York, save for the Statue of Liberty and the mouths of a lot of New Yorkers. It can be quite intimidating to the unseasoned traveller coming from small-time London, wondering why all these silly Americans drive on the wrong side of the road and use both a $1 coin AND $1 bill as legal tender (I mean, why??). And there isn't any Kebab shops!!

But it's not all bad. There is a lot of energy here, not to mention history, and the Americans are very proud of their history. Especially now with the big hole in the ground where the World Trade Centre used
Times Square (or part thereof)Times Square (or part thereof)Times Square (or part thereof)

We put the BLING in bling.
to be.

But for me, I have had enough of city life for the time being. Time to head up to the colder climes in Canadia and see what that lot have to say for themselves. Stay tuned!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Ground Zero.Ground Zero.
Ground Zero.

It is hard to beleive, when standing here, that there used to be two massive skyscapers here.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb