Winter Wonderland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
February 11th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So I believe I spent most of my last entry describing a typical suburban environment...I'll now let you in on the secrets of an average weekend here in Larchmont. The eldest girl, Sophie, has 4 'playdates' in a row, which is quite a number for a 7 year old to handle. 2 are birthday paries and involve numerous party favours and so much candy that she doesn't stop buzzing all afternoon...the boys, 5 and 3, are entertained by their father with lively games such as 'lets-see-how-many-times-we-can-do-a-flip-in-a-row'...and the overwhelmed babysitter retreats to the local park, where she climbs a tree (much to the shock of innocent joggers - "Darling what do you spose is in that tr...oh my god it's a person! Um, hi! What are you doing?!") and finds snow on the beach (how weird!). The parents go out to a dinner party in the evening and aforementioned babysitter wrestles the boys into bed and has a 'sleepover' with Sophie - watching Finding Nemo! We wake up this morning...and go SKIING! I kid you not - a half hour drive from this suburban paradise is Thunderidge, a beautiful selction of ski runs and rickety blue chairlifts. Soph and I bomb down the runs and gossip on the chairlifts in the cool sunshine (forgive the oxymoron). Then we come home, the dad catches a plane to San Fran and Super-Mum Trish takes us all ICE SKATING on the local pond that has frozen over! It is covered in families: boys (and one brave girl) playing ice hockey and girls screaming as they slip and slide trying to arabesq (so not how you spell that, sorry!!). Babysitter is overwhelmed once more as she has no less than three under 7s hanging off her for and hour and a half...but she is having the time of her life! Exhausted and sooo happy, the group returns home to hot chocolate and popcorn, thinking about their winter wonderland day. By the way, did I mention I'm NEVER coming home?!!!

Advertisement



12th February 2007

Oxfordshire calling!
You are TOO coming home because we will all be there to meet the plane in Spain stays mainly in the plain. Love the blog. Will keep tuned in. Enjoy!!!!! Of course you love it. You are 50% American. Love G and G

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb