Sunset on honeymoon and travelling


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Queens
November 1st 2009
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 196 (Sunday 01/11/09, NJJ)
The last day of our travelling experience, and also of our honeymoon, is here. It's also New York marathon day. Up at 7.30am. Jamie had his last breakfast of bagels and cream cheese which he's been having for quite some time. Out just after 10.30am to get the subway into the city. The ticket machines were out of order and some guy was standing there offering to sell us tickets for nearly double than the original price - he was obviously the one that jammed used tickets in the payment slots. So I got my tweezers out and managed to unblocked one of the ticket machines so that we, and a few others, where then able to buy tickets. I was scared though just after in case the dodgy guy came after me. Took just over an hour to get to Broadway and Lafeyette St station. Got back on for Brooklyn Bridge and then Wall St. Saw the NY Stock Exchange building and NPS Federal Hall. Walked to South St Seaport for the Brooklyn Loop Tour. Across to Brooklyn via the Manhattan Bridge. Got off to experience Grimaldi's Pizzeria. We joined the queue outside and were told that it oftern extends around the block so we were lucky. We shared a 16” garlic and mushroom pizza. It was OK. Had vanilla and chocolate ice cream for dessert from Brooklyn Ice Cream factory. Back on the bus we completed the Brooklyn tour. As it was the last tour of the door we got dropped off after a ride along the west side of Manhattan in Times Square. We walked to the Empire State Building, via Midtown Comics for Jamie, and went up to the 86th floor for the observatory. We got to the Observation Deck around 4pm and stayed until ust after 5.30pm and watched an amazing sunset on the day which was also the last sunset of our travels. It was quite emotional and was the perfect way to enjoy the last evening of our trip. Took loads more photos as always. Walked to Grand Central Station for a look in the terminal building. Had burritos for dinner at Chipotle Grill. Got the subway back to hotel where we watched some TV before bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb