New York and Macys


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Queens
February 1st 2009
Published: February 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Better late than never!

We got the bus back down from Toronto, through Niagara Falls, Buffalo and down to New York. We managed to make our way out to Queens and found our YMCA, where we would spend the next 5 nights and the last 5 nights of our trip. New York was hot but not unbearably so like it was in Washington D.C., our room was fine and there was a gym in the hostel too which was nice. We spent our first 2 days seeing the sights, brooklyn bridge, statue of liberty, empire state building (we went to the top of the roc for that) and we also got the statten island ferry. The last 2 days we spent shopping! We spent an entire day in the 9 storeys macys in new york, we didn't even leave for lunch. It was great after 6 months of saving and budgeting and scrimping to be able to shop and spend some money and we knew exactly what we had left to spend.
New York was great, we really enjoyed it and although we only spent 2 days sightseeing, we wandered around areas like soho, ground zero and manhatten and it's definitely somewhere I'd like to go back to, but maybe with a little less of a budget!

We're now back in the UK and have been for a while. We had a great time travelling and thank you to all of you who helped us on our way, including M&D, N&G, Kate & Rob, Nic & Rob, Steve and family and Ann, Doug and the girls.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb