JFK > awesome


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Brooklyn
July 26th 2010
Published: July 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

**Disclaimer: This whole trip of blog entries are all being written post-trip, and this entry specifically is being written one year TO THE DAY that we landed in Buenos Aires and started upon the trip to end all trips. **

Matt has been dreaming about going on this trip for as long as I've known him, and Im sure if you asked him, he wouldnt be able to tell you about a time when doing something like this wasnt on his list.

I am one of those people who has itchy feet and can't sit still. Im always looking forward to my next trip, fantasizing about all the places i *have* to go, and imagining living in places I've never been. I grew up traveling with my family and it stuck on me.

Together we are a traveling power couple - Almost every weekend of our pre-trip NYC existence was spent either driving to a location within a 4 hour radius of Brooklyn, flying around the US to snowboard, or flying to an nearby international destination to explore. We ended up taking 3857932875 short trips, rarely longer than 5 days. After all the years of traveler-teases, we decided that a year long trip could be just the thing to scratch an itch we both had.

One engagement in New Orleans later and one Hudson Valley wedding later, our plane tickets were booked to take a honeymoon around the world.

Just a quick note for those who dont know Matt, hes got alot of food allergies, which makes frugal traveling in certain parts of the world a little difficult. He is allergic to all nuts, all fish, and sesame. This made traveling in super rural parts of Asia and pretty much most of the middle east and africa a little difficult. We chose to go places that made sense for both his health and our dreams.

First stop - Argentina.
(what followed went through many iterations, but below is what *actually* transpired)

Argentina
Chile
Greece
UAE/Oman
Nepal
Hong Kong/Macau
China (Chengdu, Zhuhai)
Thailand
Cambodia
Australia
New Zealand
Australia
Indonesia
Maui
California (to visit my parents)
Home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb