Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New Paltz
December 3rd 2009
Published: December 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Zach and Maria came to our room @ 7:40 to get us for morning worship. Surprisingly, we were ready!!! It really is a treat to be treated like part of the family here @ the farm. Morning worship was a talk and comments by one of the local family. Such a treat to start the day with spiritual food. There is a legal case in Russia right now that threatens the right of the brothers and sisters to preach and could set a precedent for all of Europe. So the family has really been encouraged to pray for the brothers there. A little intimidating to learn all of the rules of eating - pass to the right, only drink water during the morning worship (not coffee-oops),.... After breakfast we went to the launch pad - the beautiful cemetery for many of the faithful ones including Br. Franz and Br. Knorr. We went from there to the Slaughter house. That was a once in a lifetime experience (we hope). I think we may have been sprayed with liver juice when it was flung toward us! Went from there to the infirmary which was a treat. We were able to meet Br. Knorr's wife. It is a very well-equipment clinic and assisted living. So neat to have 1:1 ratio when needed. One sister is assigned to one of the older ones. One sister said she treasured the assignment because it was like an extension of Jehovah's loving kindness that he showed thru them. Sonja gave us a tour of the printery and bindery and all of the standard tour stuff. Dennis explained how the shipping has changed. I love his conviction of Jehovah's backing. He explained several times when the organization has made a move that seems to not make any sense, but turns out to be wise. Now with all of the printing moving to Canada many are wondering again. It will be interesting to see why that turns out to be wise. We were able to eat lunch and dinner with the Walkill family. It truly is like we are part of the routine here. So neat to learn what it would really be like to live here. I don't know if I would be able to do it. But I truly admire those who do. Amazing to see all of the members that are required for the body to function. Can't study the bible with someone without the ones who slaughter the cows to feed the ones who make the bible teach books and the ones who ship it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb