Before We Lose Another Hour


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Jamesport
March 14th 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Raining cats and big doggies when we wake.

Breakfast again at Love Lane Kitchen because it's sooo good. Their site claims that if you can get it in a french bistro or an italian trattoria or any of the trendy cafes in manhattan then you can get it at Love Lane Kitchen. Alright, if you say so.
Still, two thumbs up, way up from Robbie.

Up to Bedell (bedellcellars.com) for a nice tasting. Apparently someone famous served the Gallery white they make at their uber-wedding. It was a very good wedding wine if you're in the mood for a wedding. It should not be imbibed at any other time...

We met a very friend couple, Jim and Debbie (probably late 50's) and they stalked us down to Peconic Bay for some Jazz on the Vines. The wind was beating and rain was bucketing but the jazz was cool and the wine there was crisp. Some nice conversation with our western-Mass friends and then off down the road again.

Overall the last two days have warranted the following scores...

1.Shinn
2.Bedell
3.Peconic Bay
4.Macari
5.Castello di Borghese

The real gem of the day though, was the amazing food and kind staff (owners?) of Farm Country Kitchen. Not the easiest place to find, no real sign, and located inside a house on the river, so you'd never find it unless you know the website (farmcountrykitchen.net) and street address 513 W. Main St. (aka not E main st). Robyn's pesto and chicken was rich and creamy and my cajun style salmon over risotto, mouthwatering. Sherri and Whitney were so sweet to us and made us feel right at home as we gazed out on the choppy river whilst indulging in the deliciousness. We're losing an hour later tonight (spring forward) but you'd never know it from the smiles on our faces.

A rainy drive back to our apple and a relaxing evening at home. It's good to be home. Home. Sweet. Home.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb