ramblings on Monet and


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Farmington
April 3rd 2013
Published: April 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello friends, cruisling along. hope you all are having a day! wonderful, sad, it is all a day... and YOU are living it😊

It is nice to read all of your comments. It is nice to hear from friends in Nashville (and Knoxville, thanks for the hugs) which I have not yet visited yet this trip. NOt sure 100%!w(MISSING)here is next but I am here now in Farmington NY outside of Rochester which is about an hour or so east of Buffalo which is the farthest west point in the state, basically. Spent the day with my dad mostly. I helped with the closet he is refurbishing with new doors; a nice meditative washing off the wall, getting ready to put another coat of plaster, then paint, lights, etc. it is nearly finished. my dad is something of a handy man. he is re-doing the whole house it seems. new wood floors, molding, doors, paint, cabinets, all that. Started in the kitchen and moved to the next room... he is currently working in the master bed.

We also cleaned up a coffee table to take to a place called Re-store, a Habitat for Humanity affiliate. While we were cleaning and fixing it with glue and know-how i discovered some books in the basement. one was a children's book, maybe more for teens or tweens. it was about Claude Monet. it was called Linnae, I think. about his life. born in 1840 lived 88 years and died in 1926, something like this (though that is only 86 years). he was an Impressionist painter and was called this because he did a painting on the subject sunshine which he called Impression-Sunshine. it was described by him or the media, can't remember which, that he was trying to capture the impression of the sunshine on the water so the name Impressionist came about. He lived an interesting life. he had 2 wives. both died while he was living and both times he went through a depression afterwards but each time there was always someone to turn him back to his painting which as you might say kept him abrush. haha. one of the places he lived, and the last place he lived, was a place called Giverny where he did his lily pond works and the bridge works, which was a Japanese bridge. people thought it was wierd he kept painting the same thing over and over. he did it in different lighting and different times of the year and at different times of his life like when his eyesight was going south and the painting of the Japanese made bridge was just a smattering of red until he got his cataracts finishied and was able to finsh the series and do others like the Lily Pond. he had 8 kids at one point. 2 from his first wife, Camille, and acquired 6 from his second, Alice (who was a art friend from Paris that was once married to another art friend (i think he was an artest as well as a businessman) by the name of Ernest. Ernest left Alice because he department store business went under and was ashamed. when he finally died Monet married Alice, meaning that the divorce could be initiated with Ernest through his death.) Don't take these details word for word. it is all from memory. Anyways, i enjoed reading about this fellow from this children's book. fascinating man who was a fabulous painter. up close you could see the strokes but from afar the painting came alive. kind of like some of Salvadore Dali's work, where you have to stand at a distance to see all the intracacies. I went to the Salvadore Dali musuem in Sarasota with my grand-papi. quite a place. some of salvadores paintings are 20 feet high.

Another book was a coloring book of Peanuts! i will have to get on that later.

another one where i read part of the introduction is called The Princess Bride. You have all seen the movie, perhpas the book is just as good. Goldstein is the man I believe who did the Screenplay and the abridged version of the book by Morgenstern. Seems like an interesting story, both the book and the intro which is about how the "abridger" is connected to the story and movie and how he came to write it.

before all this discovery i went for a walk. it was a nice burrr cold. breezy. a little snow flakes here and there. nothing sticking. clouds, sunshine interspersed. people complaining that is already April and STILL winter. I hope the Spring comes soon. I imagine people around here are very much looking forward to the spring after such a long winter. Toronto was warmer than here though it is further North, and i did not feel this wind outside Thunder Bay at Arrow River either. Everyone knows that here the weather is dependent on the lake called the LAKE EFFECT!

All is well with you



one song a had wading through my head to day went something like this:

don't get stuck in the chocolate pudding, the chocolate pudding

this being an original!



thanks everyone. enjoi. keep you posted. keep me posted.



love is all there (Beatles, right? or was that the Bible? does it matter?)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb