Modern day philosopher


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » East Hampton
December 5th 2013
Published: December 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tupac lived a short yet impactful life. He died at age 25, in the prime of his rap career. However, he left his wise words with us before he left. Tupac used his music to address social issues most rappers wouldn't mention. He rapped about how hard life was growing up in low income neighborhoods and the gang violence that thrived there. He also talked about how women were disrespected and treated as objects; he spoke against this stereotype saying we couldn't disrespect women if we all came from a women. This was different from what other rappers of the time would rap about, or even what rappers nowadays rap about. He spoke the harsh truth despite the controversy it would bring. It was because of his unique style of music that made him so legendary and added to his hype as a rapper. His deep and meaningful lyrics make you question social norms and make you want to change things. He is a philosopher because he changed the rap game and to this day is one of the most influential hip-hop artists to have lived. He left a legacy behind and contributed to the building blocks of hip-hop.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb