A day in the Life of Taos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
July 3rd 2009
Published: July 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Taos is an eating extravaganza, and our plans were no different. We had limited time and lots to do. 1st eating sopapillas at Michaels along with Huevos Rancheros and a fresh green chili sauce, then a walk around the plaza to look for either a coyote or kokopelli sculpture for the backyard like we saw about 20 years ago. Wonder why we couldn’t find it or the store carrying the plate that we wanted to buy more of?
After walking off breakfast the sky was so beautiful we had to go down to St. Frances of Assisi’s and shoot some photos. I still haven’t done anything with my China photos so had to delete some photos from the camera card on the spot and make room for more photos. I’d forgotten to pack my poor old tripod so I had no tripod at all for the big camera. Oh well, I wanted some photos now so shot as many as I could.
Boy did we work up an appetite by then, plus it was 2pm and we had to eat some “blue corn enchiladas” before checking out by 5pm and hitting the road. So back to the plaza where we did a little more looking for the sculpture and dinner settings, then to a restaurant on the plaza. We got exactly what we wanted to eat and stuffed the whole meal in.
We did find out the very important information on pinion wood and when we can buy a load. We will plan to head back this fall for that and another round of eating and our firewood. Love Taos, it is one of my favorite places in the world.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb