Was it a Dream?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
December 12th 2005
Published: December 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Closure---
Arriving into ABQ around 9:45pm (sans packs---do they personify our feelings of maybe not quite being ready to face reality??) In closing this blog out, we’ve been reflecting on some things we’d like to share with you. The now fading memory of all those big smiles on some of the poorest people in the world (Nepal is the 2nd poorest nation in the world—average annual income at $250). We hope that we’ve left them with an equally warm sense of graciousness they showed us. Deep reflections on life’s priorities when we come home to our fast paced Western mode (add the holiday consumer rat race—whoa Bessie).
Tim had rickshaws running around his sleep last night, we’re all in that time-warp fog.
It was wonderful to read everyone’s comments---this was a trip of a lifetime we were glad to share with good friends and family. We’ll be taking applications for our next adopted daughter or son, if you have the “bug” to go with us---we’re thinking of north western Mongolia next time (just kidding) Happy Holidays to everyone!!


Advertisement



12th December 2005

love the journey
Hope all is going well and you said hello to Mr T from his ol' frog classmates!
12th December 2005

Ah! Here you arrive ...
... safe and sound, never to be the same again.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb