A Beautiful Day in Taos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
October 27th 2021
Published: October 31st 2021
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at Ricky'sBreakfast at Ricky'sBreakfast at Ricky's

Huevos Rancheros
We woke up to a beautiful morning and were already to eat again. We’d eaten both breakfast and dinner out at our favorite places, but were ready to hit it again. But then we found that we had a new problem.

So, our poor RV is about 18 years old. We bought it in the “good ol’ days” of adjusting. You older adjusters know, the days where we had to bring printers, scanners, desk top computers, monitors; all things that took up lots of room. We’d replaced our smaller RV to accommodate all of this equipment plus a table and office chair.

Now we woke up to the heater running but no hot air coming out and it was about 25 F. Dale messed with the propane then we lost all propane inside the RV; no stove top, no heat, no nothing. We checked the tanks and they had ice on them.

We went to the place where they sell propane and parts but they were out of regulators. However, the guy helping us thought that maybe if we put the tanks out in the sun, they might be fine.

We came back to the RV, put the propane tanks out in the sun and went off to breakfast, well where we had hoped to eat. Our favorite place turned out to be closed on Tues and Wed. I found another recommended spot where they served gluten free, blue corn pancakes. YUM, until we got there and it was closed until Friday.

We started to drive and remembered that the person at the RV park recommended Ricky’s. We decided to go there and I’d just get whatever I could get. As it turned out, Ricky’s menu is nearly entirely gluten free. There are only 7 tables inside but we got one easily. Everyone knows each other and they wanted to know about us. It turned out to be another favorite place.

After an afternoon of shopping for chilis, chili powder and fabrics and just walking around the plaza it was time for more New Mexican food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb