August 11, 2015 - Monday


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Last Sunday, on our first night at Circle "B", the park hosted an ice cream social. They also had a guy who played and sang. He specialized in Country and Gospel music. It was great. We really enjoyed it, but didn't really meet anyone, as I'd hoped we would.

Every day we are out exploring & seeing the sites. So far we have toured dozens of RV parks around here, looking to see if there are other places we'd like to stay around here.

Monday we went to Pistachioland, The Old Apple Barn, Cloudcroft that day for lunch at Mad Jack's Mountaintop Barbeque and then home.

Another day we went to Fort Stanton and also geocached in the Merchant Marine's cemetery. We also went through the Smokey Bear gift shop in Capitan.

Saturday we drove out to the Inn of the Mountain Gods. We walked along the bank of the lake and watched people in the paddle boats and watched some people doing the zipline. I fully intend to do that some day before I die!

On Tuesday some our friends from OCS came in with another RV Club. They invited us to join them for dinner on Friday night. We went to Cree Meadow for all you can eat catfish. On Saturday we got together with that group for games. We had a great time and my team actually won at "Hand & Foot", but only by 20 points. Sunday morning we joined that group for a devotional. One couple of that group left Sunday after our devotional. Later that day there was another ice cream social. We attended with the remainder of the "Tumbleweed" group. More of that group left today. I think only one couple remains here.

Today Les & I headed out early, headed for the Valley of Fire (to see the lava flow) and Three Rivers where Les saw the petroglyphs. Les was really excited about the petroglyphs. He took lots of pictures. I didn't even try that one, because the trail was described as "rugged". I didn't think I could handle that in my boot.

Surely, one of these days we are going to run out of things to go & see. I enjoy the days that we stay in camp and relax, sit outside and watch the hummingbirds and just enjoy the nice cool weather. We are thoroughly enjoying our new RV. We are very happy with our choice.

We got an offer on our house and have accepted it. It is under what we had wanted to get, but with oil prices continuing to drop, we felt that we should go ahead and accept this offer.

Les' brother-in-law, Wayne (Lori's husband), is in the hospital in Odessa and has been put on a ventilator. His condition is not good at all. We are in prayer for him, but his condition really does not look good.

It has rained off and on all day. The temps were in the 60's much of the day. I'm loving this cool rainy weather!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1004.3kb