The Mother Road...continued


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Just about over this 66 thing, but it goes on & on & on....

Some pretty cool stuff along the New Mexico stretch. Ghost towns are abundant, offering sad memories of the prosperous towns they once were & so much history of this highway! The promise of prosperity & excitement that the west must have enticed in people from the east....to travel all this way in search of riches & a new life.

This is where we will depart the East-West road & head North into Indian Territory.

Big influence from the Spanish along the 84 heading north. They settled here in the 1600's & a lot of the buildings, architecture reflect their presence. Sante Fe, the capital, the oldest capital city in the US.

Staying in a tiny place called Las Vegas, New Mexico! in a historic hotel. NOT to be confused with the glitzy Vegas which will be our Final Destination.

Memorial Day long weekend & there are heaps of bikers on the road cruising around.

They all ride Harley's, wear bandannas, look like ex-ZZ Top members & not a helmet in sight!

Xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb