Albuquerque Part II


Advertisement
Published: June 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our third day in Albuquerque was really fun. My mom, Aunt, and I took the kids to the coolest botanical garden I think I have ever been to. Great size and great stuff that was interactive and fun. Who wouldn’t like a mini railroad, a butterfly garden, a huge glass atrium, an active heritage farm, and the best was a fantasy garden where all the bugs and plants were life sized with mazes, tunnels, slides, and walking through a giant pumpkin. Then we were next door for the Aquarium which was another great stop and perfectly sized for a nice quick visit. While we were occupied, the guys (that would be Ed, my Dad, and my Uncle) were mountain biking along the Rio Grande (which is flat mountain biking but a lot of fun).

We all spent the afternoon together and then we were off for Jacquelyn’s birthday dinner. She turned 10 today but said it felt kind of weird. We had already had her birthday before she left but she said today felt like the others. I can see how it would be strange but she sure didn’t have any trouble spending the birthday money she received from her Aunts and Uncles (Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Joel had joined us as well by dinner). The crowning point of her evening would have been the stop at the Melting Pot for a Yin/Yang Dessert of White and Dark Chocolate, Strawberries, Pineapple, brownies, bananas, pound cake, and marshmallows. That she thought was pretty cool.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0971s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb