Happy 4th July


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well hello from Albuquerque! Lucy and I have just come back from an "All you can eat meat experience" which was pretty heavy going, we are both feeling pretty sick now.
Yesterday was pretty much the Greyhound experience from hell! Get this. We turn up to the station in Flagstaff in plenty of time, ready for our 1.55pm bus to Albuquerque, where we have a nice hotel booked. We're due to get in at half nine, so it's a fairly nice short journey for us. The bus gets in and it soon becomes apparent that we're not going to get on it due to 2 rather large ladies each taking up 1.5 seats each. So there's not enough room and we just accept the fact that we will have to get the next bus at 7.50. Pretty annoying but we ease the pain by walking to this brewery and getting a couple of nice ales and burgers. mmm.
We turn up at the station again at 7 and the bus is a couple of hours late. Annoying. We eventually get on the bus and get started with the journey, only to have the driver turn around and drive back to the station after about a mile. WHAT! The bus is basically broken and we have to wait about 5 hours for a bus to drive from Phoenix to come rescue us all. So we spent, all in all, about 8 hours in this sweaty, hot little greyhound station waiting around. We finally got going at about 3am, and made it in to Albuquerque at 10am. So we completely missed one of our nights in our PREPAID nice hotel (WITH TEMPUR-PEDIC beds) and instead had a couple of broken hours of sleep while trying to drown out a chorus of snoring on the bus. The highlight was probably when this scary looking guy next to us took out his knitting and whipped up a jumper while playing Opera music on his phone. So today for the 4th of July we have mainly slept. The real kicker is that tomorrow we've got to get up and do it all again, 16 hours to San Antonio baby!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb