Oklahoma City to Albuquerque


Advertisement
Published: April 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


MuralMuralMural

Tucumcari, NM
Nothing very exciting across Oklahoma and the Texas panhandle. We overnighted in a dreary campground (not much more than a parking lot behind a motel) in Amarillo. We were up early and outta there for New Mexico. We stopped for a break in Tucumcari. What a neat little town on the old Route 66. Found a great-looking little Mexican restaurant, but it was only 10:00 AM, so we had to pass. We found a nice campground 5 miles east of Albuquerque on top of a mini-mountain overlooking the city down in the valley. Quite an impressive view. We planned to stay 2 nights and do some sightseeing, but had to stay another day due to some mechanical trouble with the truck exhaust brake( a gizmo diesels have to help use the engine for braking when coming down steep grades). We spent a lot of time in the Old Town section -- a little too "touristy" for me, but Jan liked the museums and the Indian vendors with their trinkets spread out on the sidewalk.
Found a garage early Monday morning. It looked more like a junkyard, with a steel building sitting in a dusty parking lot with old cars everywhere. A
State of the Art CamperState of the Art CamperState of the Art Camper

Albuquerque Campground
little guy with a full beard wearing greasy overalls came out and crawled under the truck in the parking lot. About five minutes later he crawled back out and said "You're good to go -- no charge". Quite relieved, we hitched the wagon and headed northwest toward Four corners and Monument Valley.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Snow BunnySnow Bunny
Snow Bunny

Albuquerque Campground


Tot: 0.396s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 20; qc: 96; dbt: 0.2747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb