Day 58 - Day 61 08/19 - 08/22/2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
August 27th 2010
Published: August 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Shelby and Leta got up early this morning to go to a shop to get fuel filter replaced, to see if that will fix the hill climbing problem with their RV. Therefore we got on the road about 10:30. Headed down Hwy 6 toward Moab, Ut, planning of spending the night in Cortez, Co. Crossed Soldier Summit, at 7,477 ft. , Shelby's RV did fine on the climbs today. Totally different type of terrain than we have been in the entire trip. Passed by Hole in Rock, Then Wilson Arch, as we traveled through the Arches Canyon National Park. Barbara tried to take pictures of a rainbow from the RV as we drove down the road. Don't ask how many she took. We all decided to treat ourselves to a steak dinner, and treat we did in Cortez, Co. at Shiloh Steak House. After steak dinners we drove to Shiprock, NM, and spent the night in a shoppping center parking lot with some trucks.
This morning we head out for Albuquerque, which was a pretty short day, but we wanted to visit Old Town, and decided to stay in a campground. Spent the night at Enchanted Trails Campground which was a large gravel lot. Route 66 goes close to I-40 and they had some antique cars and campers.
Saturday we head for Amarillo, Tx. and the only thing different about today was a pretty bad cross-wind most of the day. Crossed into Oklahoma, spent the night in Sayre, Ok. at Flying-J.
Sunday we travel to a planned campground stop in Arkansas. Many years ago I was stranded in Henryetta, Ok. during an ice storm, and accidentally found the Pigout Palace buffet. Price had gone up a bit, but the food was still very good and everyone enjoyed their lunch. We continue to Perryville, Ar. to the Coffee Creek Campground, after a brief stop at Wal-Mart in Morrilton, Ar. After the Pigout Buffet we decided on a popcorn snack for the evening meal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

PICT0059PICT0059
PICT0059

Hole in rock. Can't really see it without hiking trail, and since it was rainy and windy, we passed. This is an area we would like to return to do some ATV riding one day, maybe hike trail then.
PICT0092PICT0092
PICT0092

Wilson Arch.
PICT0097PICT0097
PICT0097

Also Wilson Arch. Need to research to see why it is named Wilson Arch.
PICT0044PICT0044
PICT0044

Next few pictures of Old Town Albequerque.
PICT0002PICT0002
PICT0002

collection of old cars and campers


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb