Sailing Down the 25


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
August 10th 2008
Published: August 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

ABQ

ABQ is the central stop on the New Mexico RailRunner line. Flag marks 825 Barelas

Albuquerque fountainAlbuquerque fountainAlbuquerque fountain

Downtown Albuquerque being transformed from sleepy Hwy 66 to civilized place.
We just finished a quick trip to Albuquerque to check up on our grandson Diego. Had some trouble in Wyoming where our Saab died, more accurately, the Saab's battery gave up the ghost. Rumors via his mother that D is talking up a storm are mostly true.

We had a fun time on the New Mexico RailRunner from downtown ABQ to downtown Bernalillo and back. Maybe this is the wave of the future. State and city governments building the necessary transportation from city to city. In this case it is Albuquerque to Santa Fe, which is supposed to be up and running by December 2008. They actually run down to Belen and out to Bernalillo in the north right now. See above map. I don't know what the morning and afternoon ridership is but the mid-day train was moderately full, mainly people like us, out for a lark either for themselves or with their grandchildren. I would guess that there will be a lot of movement between ABQ and SF when they finally get the thing going.

I had hoped I could add a map of the area to this blog but am having problems as the map reverts
Gardening in AlbuquerqueGardening in AlbuquerqueGardening in Albuquerque

Front yard garden in Barelas neighborhood
to the whole world which does not contain quite enough detail for me. I am a newbie at this blogsite so bear with me for a time as I try to get the hang of it. I don't see any easy way of placing pictures where you want them near to the accompanying text.

Leo, in addition to cooking, is a gardener too with small producing fruit trees, and squashes free roaming. Swimming at the Hilton was fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Three generationsThree generations
Three generations

Old, middle-aged and young Westerners in swimming pool in ABQ
St Philip de Neri Church Old Town ABQSt Philip de Neri Church Old Town ABQ
St Philip de Neri Church Old Town ABQ

There has been a church on or near this site for over 300 years.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb