shots, shots, shots, shots. shots! (not the fun kind!)


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, no one looks forward to vaccinations but they have to be done! Depending on what area of the world you are traveling to there are of course different vaccinations that are necessary to have. Aside for routine vaccinations, the following are all recommended for traveling to Thailand: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid, and Japanese Encephalitis. I will soon be scheduling an appointment with my doctor and will keep you updated as to how many shots each vaccination is.

Depending on what area of Thaialand you plan to visit, or if you plan to work in a specific field (such as with animals) you may need additional vaccinations. For example, the following are areas of Thailand with Malaria: <span>Rural, forested areas that border Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, and Laos. Rural, forested areas in districts of Phang Nga and Phuket. There is no Malaria in the cities of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Pattaya, Phang Nga, and Phuket.

If you are not able to have bottled or boiled water, you should bring iodine tablets as well as a portable water filter. In addition to that, it goes without saying that you should always wash your hands with hand wipes or an alcohol-based hand sanitzer. Duh!

<span>The above information was taken from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website and more information on the topic can be found at: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/thailand.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb