the largest city ...in New Jersey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Newark
June 20th 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

It is Newark, everybody. It is the 64th largest city in the US according to Wikipedia. More than half of the city population is African American. Latino or Hispanic origins accounts for a close to 30%. In 1996, Money magazine named Newark was the "most dangerous city in the Nation" but things have changed dramatically due to efforts of local government to revitalize the city. New commercial developments have arisen in the downtown areas.

Here are few scenes around the city.

A piece of advice about street meter parking in Newark. If you have a car and plan to park along the street, you have to identify the parking pace on the pole (letter A, B, or C, or D) and go back or forth to other pole nearby with a meter, and hit the button on the metter to reserve the parking spot correspondent to where you park, then insert the coins into the slot. And remember, do not park between 4pm-6pm, and 7am-930am even though there is a meter. Sometimes the prohibited sign is farther away and you are supposed to see it.

A PATH train (the Red Line) connects Newark Penn Station with the World Trade Center in New York City.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Essex County CourthouseEssex County Courthouse
Essex County Courthouse

Beautiful building completed in 1907 by the famous architect Cass Gilbert


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb