Another joy filled holiday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Mount Laurel
December 31st 2010
Published: December 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Gota Have My WAWA 2 secs
2: Me Too! 10 secs
On December 20 we headed up to Rochester. We were able to pick Riley up from school and went to his Christmas Chapel on Tuesday. Brad took some time off, but then was called in for a delivery so we ended up at Friendly's Ice Cream Shop with out him. Riley and Noami also rode the Christmas train and on the 21st we had a fun birthday party for Elijah. When Elijah realized that he was the star of the show, he hammed it up. What fun to see his personality come out. We gave the kids Fisher Price Camera's for Christmas and before we left Naomi had already taken 200 pictures (most of which will probably be deleted), but it was fun to watch. We headed home on Wednesday. What fun to live within driving distance. We were also able to visit a dear friend who is waiting to go to heaven.

It was wonderful to have Jeremy and Sara Jo and the kids drive the 1200 miles from Halifax for a visit. Although it is still a long drive, it is certainly doable. They arrived late on Dec. 23 and left for home on Dec 30. Fun! Fun! Fun! For the first time in 5 years we put up the tree and all the trimmings, had a spiral ham dinner and sat around the fireplace enjoying the grandkids.

Sara Jo and Jeremy planned to take a few days to go to NYC, but because of the snow storm, they ended up at the outlet mall in North Jersey and we able to get several good buys to take home with them. We took the kids to Wendy's for lunch and then they all went to the church gym to play hockey. Noah and Nathan got hockey gear for Christmas and they were anxious to try it out.

Breanna crawled into bed with us each morning. With her bright blue eyes who could resist. As they got in the car to leave and she realized we weren't coming with she said, "I need my Nana." Isn't it great to be loved just for who your are?

I was able to knit a blankey for Nathan, but in my unexperienced state of knitting it grew and grew and actually looks like a big shawl. But it's still cozy and he'll love snuggling up to it. Noah now has put in his order for one so I'll start working on that.

Oh! and another trip to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb