Day 86: Delaware River Tubing


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we got to sleep in which was amazing as our plans could start later as we were heading to the delaware river to go tubing and planned to pop into Susans mums for a drink then head to the rodeo tonight! BUT it was so incredibly hot that heaps of the acts at the rodeo had been cancelled so we decided to flag that as it wouldnt have been as good and was unbearably hot out! But a great day for tubing!

Took us 40 mins to get to the Delaware river and then we stood in line for ages cos it was hot and school holidays with our tubes to get on the bus to the river. it was $35 for the tubing and lunch from the hot dog man. We popped into the river along with hundreds of others and literally laxed back and sailed down the river not a care in the worl! IT was awesome!!! About half way we came across the "hot dog man" which was a kiosk in the water literally. We waded through, got 2 hot dogs a drink and some lollies which was all included in our package. Headed to the tables...in the water and water up to our waist and ate our lunch, jumped back into the water and sailed away again with our bellies full of goodness! As we did the last few ours of nothing in the river we planned Susans business venture for next year - river tubing in the Hutt river! And all the ins and outs of it! Its gonna be amazing! Watch out for it!

On the way home we got a call from Susans mum who had got the plans confused and we were much later than we thought leaving cos of the amouunt of ppl so we ended up just heading home and having the best dinner prepared for us from David. Lasange and vension! So good! What a treat! Jackie had then prepared a dessert menu for us! We chose one of everything between us and then had to give her feedback and rate all of the desserts so that next time we visit she can improve! It was amazing and so cute!! We ended the night with a champion of champions Canaster tournament which I am happy to say I took out - Rach that is! :P Great
P1000024P1000024P1000024

Our amazing dessert by Jackie. We had a menu and everything. Feedback forms, the whole works!
last full day and night in Jersey!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb