Driving to Jackson: Oct 11th


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire » Jackson
October 12th 2013
Published: October 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Friday

After a fond farewell to Rockport and some useful travelling advice from our host, we set off for the penultimate stage of our travels.

When you buy petrol in Blighty, you fill up and then pop into the kiosk and pay - not over here. In this state certainly, you need to either pay by credit card before topping up or (as I eventually did) wander over to the kiosk and pay cash for your petrol and then go back and fill up. I guess this puts a top firmly on so called drive-offs.

We enjoyed a leaf peeping 3hr drive, amusing ourselves with such signs as 'Avoid Moose - You'll Come Off Worse'. Courtesy of a friendly and talkative Tourist Information Officer we by-passed Conway - this had 3 pluses: avoiding the traffic jam, avoiding their infamous designer outlets and taking us through and by a couple of wooden covered bridges (another tick on the 'What to do in New England List'.

We were concerned about the accommodation in Jackson - but so far it has exceeded expectation i.e. spacious, well equipped and views to die for. We took the detailed instructions on how not to attract brown bears and what to do if you meet one in our stride!! The accommodation is self catering - and Kate did us proud, helped by a Californian Merlot!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb