Phoenix to Home!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire » Durham
November 4th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

THE BASICS
We arrived home on Oct. 27, and it just occurred to me that I had not sent a final blah-blah-blog. We spent five days in Phoenix preparing Harvey the RV for its respite from us, and visiting with my brother and his wife. It has been nice to be back in NH while some of the leaves are still crimson.

THE FLUFF
A quick-witted friend quipped when we said we had left the RV in Phoenix that maybe we should consult a professional about memory loss, because that it is a pretty big thing to forget.

It wasn't a whole lot of fun prepping Harvey. We had lots of checklists, and of course forgot some of the things we should have brought home. We did about a B+ job, but it was annoying.

Harvey is now parked very near my brother's house. That feels a lot better than our original plan of parking her somewhere in California.

We had a free flight home and waited a bit long to schedule it, so instead of coming home via Chicago, we had to go through Las Vegas. As it turned out, we really lucked out because there were horrific windstorms in the Midwest the day before we flew and our trip could have been messed up. Instead, the storm presented high tail winds and we got to Manchester an hour early!!!! It was also clear most of the way, and John sat with a small atlas in his lap and identified places we had been - or hope to go next time. The only snag was that we had a tight connection in Las Vegas and had to dodge slot machines to get to the plane on time. Oh, yes, there was no lunch on the flight, only snacks, and because of someone on the plane with a peanut allergy, no peanuts.

The next day, at home, was bright and fairly warm, which really helped with the transition. We are glad to be back, in touch with friends et al. We survived sorting through three and a half months of mail, raked the yard so that trick-or-treaters would not slip and fall on the ubiquitous acorns, and got geared up for our work for the church Christmas Fair. We are getting a relatively large amount of exercise putting things away in the house; Harvey is so much more convenient. We will be glad to get back to her in January, and meanwhile we look forward to (a reasonable amount of) snow and Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Hope you enjoyed following our 109 days of exploits via the internet. Stay tuned for Phase II ahead.


Best to all, enjoy the holidays with friends and families, Linda and John

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb