An Evening in North Platte


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Teeter-TauterTeeter-TauterTeeter-Tauter

We found a teeter-tauter at Centennial Park in North Platte!
Our plan was to find a McDonald's or Burger King play place for dinner. We thought we'd let the kids get out of the car for a couple of hours before dressing them in their jammies and setting out on the road while they slept for part of the night. We checked out a few websites and decided to make our stop in North Platte, Nebraska.

Unfortunately, the Burger King had their restaurant listed as having a play area when it didn't. It appeared the play area was turned into a conference room. We drove across the street to McDonald's but had no luck there. A friendly employee directed us to Centennial Park, a park just a couple blocks west on Leota Street. We played there for hours. Andrew chased Oliver around the open, grassy area, and Oliver climbed all over the jungle gym. The park had lots of equipment that I hadn't seen since my childhood, including a teeter-tauter and a merry-go-round.

We felt good letting the kids be out of the car so long. We fed Oliver after we played, and then we set out for the rest of the drive to Omaha. The kids mostly slept
Merry-Go-RoundMerry-Go-RoundMerry-Go-Round

Oliver loved it!
that long stretch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Hours of Fun in North PlatteHours of Fun in North Platte
Hours of Fun in North Platte

I'm so glad we were directed to this playground in North Platte! It allowed for us to run out some of our energy from the car trip.
Sleeping on I-80Sleeping on I-80
Sleeping on I-80

All that play in North Platte paid off--Oliver slept like a baby in the car!


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb