My favorite things I enjoyed while eating at the Belton Tap Room


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » West Glacier
July 15th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dinner on the deck of the Tap RoomDinner on the deck of the Tap RoomDinner on the deck of the Tap Room

on the far left a steak, Montana Mini Burgers, and Elk Yakitori = yum :)
Dinner on the deck of the Tap Room which faces the Belton Rail Station, it is awesome watching the BNSF freight trains and seeing the Amtrak come into station while eating. hehe Coupled with amazing views of the mountains in Glacier National Park. It was awesome that the sun did not begin to set until around 9 - 9:30 and so it was pleasant sitting out enjoying the warmth of the sun eating. I loved how it did not get dark until about 10:30-10:45pm haha.

I am going to recommend the soup of the day. It was a lovely finely grated red peper and corn soup that was soooo tasty!!! The main entry I had the first night (the 14th) was Montana Meatloaf which was a mixture of Bufflo (bison) and beef. There were bacon strips placed on top. The montana meatloaf was paired with freshly mashed potatoes and a delightful cream corn dish. There was so much I could not even finish the entire plate! Boy was it good though!


For the night of the 15th I had 2 appitizers. The first being Montana Mini Burgers that were a tasty mixture of filet and elk. 😊 The other dish was a Japenese BBQ dish called Elk Yakitori, grilled and on skewers. Yum!

Here's a link to their summer dinning menu at Belton, for a full description of all their tasty dishes hehe:

http://www.beltonchalet.com/pdf_files/Belton_Chalet_Summer_Menu_2011.pdf

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb