South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Great Falls
June 20th 2012
Published: June 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I am writing this blog for three days as we did not have any internet since Sunday night. As I previously noted, we were having trouble with the motor home - thought it was transmission problems. We started out Monday morning from Sturgis, SD. We were going to Devil's Tower but Jim thought we should go on to Gillette, WY to see if we could get the motor home fixed. Our other travel companions went on to Devil's Tower. Jim and I went to the Cummins shop in Gillette. We were very happy to learn that all the problem was a clogged gas filter. Was clogged with algae. They replace the filters and we were able to go on to our campground. Meanwhile, Jerry and Carolyn's motor home got low on diseal and just quit because their filter was clogged too. Jerry was able to get it fixed. So, hopefully that is all the repairs we will need. Yesterday we went to Little Bighorn . The park interperter was very informative. I learned a lot of things from him(or maybe I learned them and forgot them). We stayed near Lewiston, Montana last night. It rained all night. It was 44 this morning and we had to turn on the furnace. We are now in Great Falls, Montana. We are near the Malmstrom Air Force Base. We met another couple who will be traveling with us to Alaska. Hopefully, I will be able to post their picture tomorrow. We will be staying here until Friday. Just got back from shopping at Walmart. Seems like we eat a lot!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb