Slow Getting Started This Year


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Great Falls
July 14th 2009
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bay at ZihuatanejoBay at ZihuatanejoBay at Zihuatanejo

Beautiful early morning view from our hotel.
Welcome to the first edition of the Paulsen travels in the summer of 2009. I am a little slow getting started with the blog this year so will do some catchup with this first message. Our summer travels started in May when we traveled to Zihuatanejo, Mexico for our son Neil's wedding. Had a great 10 days of lying on the beach, enjoying the wonderful food and a beautiful wedding celebration. We came home and spent a hectic two weeks finishing up work items and getting ready for our summer trip to Montana and Washington.

We loaded the camper and left Boulder City on June 24 heading north. We spent the first week visiting family and friends, doing some family history work and getting some kayaking in as well. I then spent a week in Great Falls with family while David and Sarah spent a week at a dinosaur dig in eastern Montana. Last year at the dig the spent a lot of time digging for bones and hauling away buckets of dirt. This year wasn't as physically taxing. More time was spent preparing bones for transport.

We are now getting ready to head to northwest Montana to visit Flathead Lake and Glacier Park for a week before heading west to Washington. We are really looking forward to seeing Glacier Park again. We honeymooned there 37 years ago, but haven't been back since then.

The weather has been a big change for us. Most of the time it has been in the 80's which is very pleasant, but we've experienced a few days with high's only in the 70's, many very cool nights, a hail storm and almost daily thunder showers. We've not in Nevada any more. Hope the rain stops so we can enjoy Glacier Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Kayaking in MontanaKayaking in Montana
Kayaking in Montana

We spent several days at Canyon Ferry near Helena, MT and enjoyed the kayaking.
AntelopeAntelope
Antelope

There was a small herd of antelope in the field next to the campground at Canyon Ferry. Beautiful animals.
At the Dinosaur DigAt the Dinosaur Dig
At the Dinosaur Dig

Getting ready to cover the bone in plaster so it can be safely moved.
Plaster CastPlaster Cast
Plaster Cast

The completed plaster cast of a bone ready for transport.


Tot: 0.32s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb