Day 15


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Gardiner
September 28th 2009
Published: September 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

September 27, 2009
Well we made it to Old Faithful…Here’s what happened. We all hoped and prayed all night that the road to Old Faithful would be open this morning…and it was. This meant that we could get to see her after driving one and a half hours…which we did. On the way, we kept seeing all of these interesting sights but we didn’t stop because our plan was to get to Old Faithful before the road was closed and then have a leisurely ride back, catching all the other areas. We got to Old Faithful just as she went off…what a thrill!!! There was a huge crowd and everyone was amazed! We watched a short film and were about to do some exploring when one of the rangers announced that they had just closed the road again. This meant that we had a three and a half hour ride home….so we had to leave; we didn’t get to visit the other places we had hoped to see. But at least we did see Old Faithful.
We were saying on the way home that we felt as if we didn’t do Yellowstone justice as far as exploring it all but our hands were really tied with the fire. We did stop for lunch in the park on the way back…we cooked grilled cheese sandwiches on our little stove. We’re getting quite efficient at that!
When we got home we were too tired to have a big long meal…Donna and I ran out to get sandwiches…the town is packed!!! I don’t really understand it. There are kids everywhere…why aren’t they in school? Folks here are saying they’ve never seen it so crowded this time of year!
Today’s Road Lesson: Smokey the Bear is alive and well and living at Yellowstone!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb