RIHLA #14


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Butte
December 30th 2012
Published: January 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. In the article Grieving father offers teens money not to drinkLeo McCarty 14 year old daughter died from a drunk driver that hit his daughter and her friends as they were walking down the side walk near their home. So after the death of his daughter he thought something can be done. So McCarthy came up with a scholorship called Mariahs Challenge. Mariah Challenge was an $1,000 Scholarship for 140+ high school student who have not drank and drive during high school and up to college. So who ever met the challenge got the scholarship. This program has spread to four other states.

2. My reaction to this was I really thought that is a great idea to keep teens from drinking and driving. This kept alot of children safe from dying or hurting someone else. I beileve that Mr. McCarthy is a hero because he realize the things that killed his daughter could happen to other peoples children. He did a great thing by taking his experience and trying to help others save their children before they get hurt. McCarthy is a hero he did a great thing he probably have saved over 10000 teen or more.

3. Keeping the world from being polluted by cleaning up the trash in my neighborhood. By doing these things it can influence others to be proactive to do small things to help the world.

4. In the year 2022 my biggest contribution would have to be helping others. Help others make sure they have everything they need. The PMC I would be is to help kids in need.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb