Springtime in St. Louis...leaving soon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
May 4th 2006
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

St. Louis' New StadiumSt. Louis' New StadiumSt. Louis' New Stadium

The removed the old style manual scoreboard for this colossus all in the name of progress. Hey, at least it has lots of pretty lights....?
Springtime here in St. Louis means the start of baseball season. This year it is made even more exciting than usual with the opening of our new stadium. Whether you were for or against the building of it, you have to admit it is a classic looking baseball stadium, much better looking in my mind than the concrete bowl it replaced.

For my family and me, spring this year means the start of what we hope will be a great year of travel. My wife Jo, two children Viv and Will, and I, Keith will be headed to Southeast Asia for the rest of the year. I'm taking my sabbatical from teaching as an English professor at a college here in St. Louis and will teach at Vietnam National University in Hanoi for the fall. Needless to say, we can't wait to get going.

There are a million and one things to do before we leave, but we still find time to get around the city and do the things we love, like go to Cardinals' games, hang out at Forest Park and enjoy city living. You've probably all seen pictures of St. Louis' Arch, but here are few
KC at the new Busch StadiumKC at the new Busch StadiumKC at the new Busch Stadium

The new stadium is open for business. It's a nice place, but they're still working the kinks out.
other sites from around town. They should give you an idea of what home is like for us....




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Mighty AlbertThe Mighty Albert
The Mighty Albert

Albert Pujols, the Cardinals' big hitter- he's the league homerun leader.
St. Louis' namesakeSt. Louis' namesake
St. Louis' namesake

King Louis IX, or St. Louis, at the top of Art Hill in Forest Park. I run by this everyday.
St. Louis Art Museum...St. Louis Art Museum...
St. Louis Art Museum...

"Dedicated to Art and Free for All"...A great museum, and yep..it's free, smack in the middle of Forest Park.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb