1ST DAY


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
May 11th 2010
Published: May 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have had a proper chance to check out the hotel now and are pretty impressed. The breakfast buffet is included. You can make your own waffles, there's fruit, porridge, cooked stuff etc plus drinks. In the evening they also lay on a light meal, plus free beer and wine. The food is pretty basic - a nice salad, then a main course which changes every day. We ate there tonight as it was hammering with rain and pretty cold out but as there's no choice, we wont always bother. There is a small indoor pool and a nice hot jacuzzi. After all the travelling yesterday and sleeping scrunched up, Lewis was in a terrible state this morning and could hardly move. We sat him in the jacuzzi for a while, did some stretches and made him walk up and down a lot before it eased off and by lunchtime he was much better.

At the hospital they did a follow up assessment and he saw Dr Park, his SDR surgeon. He was very pleased with his progress but there wasn't a lot else he could say really. The physio will be more important and Beth is going to give us a new programme for him but it's quite clear that we have another whole year of hard work ahead of us, so there wont be any let up for Lewis or us.

When it dried up a bit after tea we felt compelled to re-visit our old stomping ground and the Target supermarket to stock up on a few basics like cookie dough ice cream, m&ms etc. Also, I needed some ear plugs to try to cut out some of the freeway noise - hope it works.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb