There's always got to be a pretty boring day in the car, right?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, this was ours. We decided not to "do St. Louis" as a stop along the way since we spent a day at Yellowstone. Little did I know that you have to go through St. Louis to get to Memphis, but oh well!! We got up this morning, and we headed out after another "complimentary hot breakfast" in the hotel. We have been pretty spoiled with nice hotels so far. We aren't staying in luxury 5-star, but we stayed in the Comfort Inn in Twin Falls, which was very nice, and then the last couple of nights, we stayed in Hampton Inns, which, again, not luxury, but they are very comfortable hotels. Last night, we chose a Days Inn, because our choices were limited. I think it was more a location issue than a hotel chain issue, but it just wasn't quite the same for us as the other nights. Of course, we didn't ever eat breakfast at the hotel in Twin, because we always had somebody fixing us wonderful breakfasts! The beds at the Hampton and the Comfort Inn were so nice, and last night, we just didn't find the same quality, so today, when we started looking for a hotel, they all said, NOT DAYS INN! Like I said, I know there are some nice ones, but we just didn't get the best one last night. Poor Jake is so picky about what he eats in the morning, and we have had to convince him to try something each day. Well, he discovered that he LOVES Hot Chocolate "with sugar!" (Sweet 'n' Low). So, while Ty asked if there was a pool, Jo asked what the beds were like, Jake said, "just make sure they have hot chocolate and sugar!!" (Days Inn didn't!) Anyway, we stopped in Sioux City to grab a bite to eat and to replenish the snacks at Wal-Mart. I looked at the tag on the car next to us, because that's a habit now, and it said Woodbury - I guess that's the name of the county! As we looked around, all the cars had Woodbury on them, so I guess that was the county we were in. I thought that was cool! We didn't venture out to find the steel Jesus and Mary, because we really wanted to make it to St. Louis tonight! We rode the rest of the day and got here about 10:15 central time. We have switched into Central time now. This is the hardest part! The kids have really been wanting to swim, and we keep getting to the hotels really late, so we really were hoping we could get here in time tonight for them to swim, and we did! Yay! While I was getting a load of laundry done, I let them each play a game in the game room. Happy Campers!! Now, if the guy ahead of me will get his stuff out of the dryer, so I can get mine in, I will be happy! I am tired!! Anyway, we will head toward Memphis in the morning, and spend the day there. Then we will spend the night, and we will probably do a little more there, then head home. I am not sure exactly what our plans are, but we are getting closer!






Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb