Fireworks


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
July 18th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from STL. We decided it would be pretty neat to see some fireworks over the Gateway Arch in St. Louis (just once). Hey when in Rome..... We never managed to make it down to the fireworks over the DC Mall (over the WA monument, something I miss, but always too crowded, HOT and stormy). So no regrets in St. Louis. The night was very pleasant, low 80s to high 70s and a nice breeze. I guess this is not the typical heat wave that normally has descended on the St. Louis area this time of year, so we feel like we lucked out in a big way. No rain (or thunder), so we head downtown. First stop, Pappy’s BBQ. This isn’t K.C., but it’s the BEST we have had in STL.... yummy and they have darn tasty sweet potato fries. Both Friday and Saturday nights (through the month of July) the city sponsors “Live on the Levy”, due to June floods this event is now called, “Live off the Levy” and about 8 blocks from the Arch. After each performance is a display of fireworks. July 4th starts the monthly event, we saw Joss Stone and she rocked! We strolled down to watch the fireworks over the old courthouse and Arch, it was really nice, and I’m so glad we did it. Frankly, there were a lot of people (the Cards played too), but since the events were spread out, the city accommodated everyone just fine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Party STL styleParty STL style
Party STL style

Yes, this is a woman in a shopper cart with a bag load of empty beer cans....


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb