Roommate Reunion


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
November 12th 2006
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

It had been two and a half years since the three of us had been together, and after spending the 4 most formative years of our lives with each other that is entirely too long. Following out college years in Milwaukee I had returned to Minneapolis, Josh had returned to St. Louis, and Novot stayed and began a career. Fast forward a year and a half, one "real job," one bittersweer homecoming, one "real resignation," and one return to Milwaukee and I decided it was time to stop talking about getting together again and actually do it. So, on the leading edge of the first real snow storm of the season Novot and I hopped an Embraer from Gen. Mitchell to Lambert Field and the three of us were back together again, at least for the weekend.

As it turned out the tinyness of the Embraer was the only thing that enabled us to actually get to St. Louis. Aparently the prevailing knowledge in Milwaukee is that when it is too snowy/dangerous for large planes to take off it makes for a perfect opportunity to scare the crap out of 26 saucer-eyed passengers by stressing the foremost importance of wearing your seatbelt "low and tight," and explaining that the beverage cart will be stowed as a precaution for the entire duration of our flight as we will be encountering "severe turbulence." In the end, we made it to St. Louis, and after Novot's bag took an apparent sight-seeing tour of the annals of Lambert Field we were off to reunite with Josh.

In St. Louis now and the clock is ticking, so we waste no time and go straight to the bar - Novot and I straight from the airport, and Josh straight from a funeral (different story - different day). As a pleasant surprise Josh's sister Jaci makes it out, as does Karen, Josh's girlfriend. It doesn't take long and we are back in old form. Fast forward a few hours and its White Castle, then sleep. Not a bad way to start the weekend.

Saturday rolls in early, we chase the hangovers away and hit the road. Next stop Anheuser-Busch brewery. Critical error - apparently the Anheuser-Busch brewery tours are a bit more popular than their conterparts in Milwaukee, so we spend ten minutes in the gift shop and call it a victory.

Saturday night runs much the same course as Friday night except for on Friday night Novot and I didn't end up sharing a bed in the basement fully clad in purple satin sheets, but I digress....

Now, its Sunday and the weekend is already ending. Novot and I say goodbye to Josh and board the flight back home. It was really nice to be together again, only it went just as fast as we all thought and feared it would.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb