Preparing for our vacation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
March 23rd 2019
Published: March 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Back in 1994 we took our 1st ocean cruise. Fast forward to today and it is almost time for us to take our 21stcruise. On some of our previous cruises we have done some really unusual things (like riding an overgrown wicker basket down the streets of Funchal Madera, or walking on the Athabasca Glacier in the Canadian Rockies, or transiting through the locks of the Panama Canal), and have seen some remarkable things (like the 12 Apostles jutting up from the sea along the Great Ocean Road in southern Australia, or seeing the 70 meter hand-stitched Bayeux Tapestry), and have visited some incredible locations (like the palaces of St Petersburg, the Cathedrals of Rome, or rounding Cape Horn at the southern tip of South America). Yes there have been some real special highlights during many of our trips, and we expect to have a few more highlights on this cruise too.

We will be sailing from Los Angeles on March 30th and will spend 4 weeks cruising around three of the chains of Pacific Islands. This trip will likely be best described as a “senior cruise” as we are expecting most of the passengers to be fellow retirees - school kids and working couples probably couldn’t take that much time off this time of year. This trip we intend to more fully appreciate the “pleasures of the deck-chairs” and the pampered services we will receive from the ship’s cruise staff, rather than exhaustively rushing to cast our eye on every single viewing opportunity.

So dust off your maps of the Pacific Ocean and prepare to track our progress as we sail where the sun has gone after it sets in the USA. We will sail on the Star Princess, which is the same ship we used when cruising Alaska in 2015. We will have quite a few restful “sea days” as well as visiting some fascinating ports in the Hawaiian Islands, in the Samoan Islands, and in French Polynesia. We will cross both the Equator and the International Date Line! Please follow our adventure by reading the story which we will be publishing in this blog.

ALSO, follow the link below and scroll down a little ways to the map to track the current position of our ship and plot the course of our cruise throughout the Pacific.

https://www.seascanner.com/ships-position-star-princess

As always, we want to say THANK YOU to our family members who will be house/cat-sitting while we are away. Their cooperation and kindness makes it possible for us to go on this great adventure and not worry about what’s happening at home.

Advertisement



29th March 2019

Praying for your safe travel mercies!!! Giving God all the glory!!!
May our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ be with you!!! You are so Blessed to visit & see & enjoy all God's magnificent Glory!!! I also enjoy reading all about all these Fabulous places! Love you guys (((hugs))) Miss you!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb