To St. Paul


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » St. Paul
August 14th 2009
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Road To St. Paul and the Twin Cities

After Lollapalooza, we made a quick stop at Pot Belly's (yum!) and got on the road to St. Paul to see Ken. While we drove through Wisconsin, we were faced with a very boring landscape (or so we thought then...wait til you hear about North Dakota!). The best part of the landscape are the occasional giant mouse statues that come in a variety of different hat types. Besides the mice, the Dairyland of America is actually very flat and full of basic crops and farming equipment. After missing the Cheese Castle, we made it to the Cheese Chalet. The cheese chalet was all I wanted it to be and more. After that short and amusing stop we plowed on to St. Paul to meet Ken.

The St. Paul/Minneapolis area of the country is highly underrated. It's very charming and seems like a lovely place to live. Ken has a huge apartment (like half a house) in a nice area. We stayed with him for two days. When we arrived we put our stuff down then went out with Ken and his roommate Brian to a very trendy restaurant for dinner. It was called Chino Latino, and the food was delicious. After we explored a little, then went back to Ken's and crashed. The next day, while Ken was at work, Matt and I explored Minneapolis. While it is a lovely place to live, it's not much of a tourist destination. We saw some very nice lakes, and had a nice meal at this outdoor patio by Lake Calhoun. After we walked around the lake for a while, but it was like 90 degrees, so we didn't get that far! We then took a car tour of downtown Minneapolis, and looked for a good place to see the skyline. We sort of found one... the main place for a view was closed, but I think we got a good enough view!

Fun Fact: Target began in Minnesota. So, as good tourists, we went to the large SUPER Target. It was just like target, but bigger! We picked up some stuff we would need for camping the next night. We then went and met up with Ken. We all went out to coffee, the a cute restaurant type place. There were a lot of games there, and a very competitive Boggle tournament took place. We hung out with Ken for the rest of the night, played some ping-pong, and took off the next morning. On our way out of town we checked out the Mall of America. It was a mall. There were some very exciting rides inside, as well as very oversized lego figures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



15th August 2009

Super Target is also in NJ
Sounds like fun. You know there's a super target in NJ. What else are you doing? Pick up any hitchhikers? Crash a local swinger party? Spice it up a little....

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb