End of session 8!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis
August 4th 2014
Published: August 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Finally the end of another week! This was one of my favourites week by far. I worked with Andrea who is one of my good friends at camp and we had a pretty good cabin. one camper was autistic and ADHD so kept us busy And entertained but was a handful. She had an obsession with nature so loved the dragonflies and frogs that are everywhere. On Wednesday night we went down to the field and had big carnival type thing with music, dancing, water balloon fights, soccer etc and the girl with autism and ADHD spent the night collecting frogs at the field and putting them in her water bottle - she kept drinking the water from her bottle and we only found out that she had frogs in her bottle the following morning. Yuck! She also smellled really bad and we had to wash all of her clothes and bedding and stunk out the entire cabin. Poor girl. Her mother didn't bring her any soap or shampoo and conditioner so she has to norrow other campers shower stuff. the camp also had bridge this weekend which means some campers stay on the weekend and the following week too so they stay for two weeks. I volunteered to look after the kids on Saturday and Sunday and the autistic girl is in bridge. There were 11 girls and 3 staff in a 10 person cabin on Friday and Saturday night so was very squished but was pretty fun and chilled out.



I helped out in the ropes specialty achievement this week and got a turn not only to teach/assist ropes but also to have a go myself. It was lots of fun but scary going up high and jumping off and trusting all the kids below to have the ropes secured to ballet you.



I injured my ankle a few weeks ago so haven't been able to run but finally went for a run last week which went well so happy about that! Also booked a trip to chicago for two days after camp with Kris from England and booked my flights from Chicago to LA. Kris is coming back to Minnesota after Chicago as he has met a girl from camp and he wants so spend more time with her Before he leaves.



Really excited to move on from camp now, it's been great and fun but I want to travel more and see more of America. I've started applying for a few jobs that I find and will continue to do so!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



4th August 2014
image

Fun
Looks interesting
5th August 2014

End of Session 8
Top of the pops - wow, you are brave :) Very impressed ... xxx
5th August 2014

End of Session 8
Top of the pops - wow, you are brave :) Very impressed ... xxx

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb