End of session 2


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

This was a really tough week! It was the first full week with the kids and the camp was almost full. I had a group of 11-14 year old girls so it was very different from last week where the girls were 8-9. One of the girls arrived a day late which made it hard for all of us as we had gotten to know each other well in that first day. She was also the oldest in the cabin and had a rough upbringing so was a negative influence on the other girls and she didn't really want to be at camp.



This week I took arts and crafts in the mornings and swimming in the afternoons. They were awesome activities to take and such fun! we have a giant inflatable trampoline in the lake so we went out on that most days for swimming. The weather was terrible this week - lots of rain, flooding and thunder storms. one morning the thunder storm was right over us and went on for about 30 minutes, thunder and lightening at the same time, it looked incredible in the sky but was also very scary as we don't get anything like it back home. Minnesota is prone to thunder storms due to the location apparently so everyone here is used to them.



We had some new staff arrive this week and everyone is very friendly. On Friday after the kids left we went down to our local pub for a beer and dinner. The Minnesota beer is pretty good! one of the guys here lives in a frat house and they had a party Friday night which we all went to, it's nothing like the movies so was a little disappointed! But still fun to get out of camp and relax with all the other camp staff and meet some other locals.



Today myself, Hannah, Morgan, Kris, Jake, Theresa, Steve, Taylor and two staff from last year went to the Minnesota twins play the Chicago Red Sox baseball match. It was so much fun! the temperature was in the 90degree Fahrenheit range - super hot and very little wind. It started at 1 and finished at about 4.30 so takes awhile to play but was Lots of fun. I bought yummy ice cream in a little Minnesota hat 😊 we went out shopping at the mall of America after and got some dinner. Planning of watching a DVD tonight and having an early night to prepare for the next group of kids tomorrow. This next week is dedicated for kids with asthma so will be a tough but interesting week and we will be working alongside nurses. The following week is camp healthy u which is for kids with high BMIs and I'm super excited for it!

I'm loving everyone's messages and calls from back home! Felt a little homesick today and it's hard having to rely on people to drive me places which doesn't help But everyone is super nice and willing to drive me places and get me out of camp. Missing all my friends and family so much!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



24th June 2014
image

Love the fish :)
Hiya gorgeous girl, love the photos xxx
27th June 2014

Loved the fotos
Wonderful sharing in all your activities and fun.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb