High Point in Minnesota Eagle Mountain—Got Blood?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Eagle MT
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry

July 3, 2007. The drive from Ely to Cascade River includes a scenic view. As we traveled, we spotted a large moose along the road, but we were not quick enough to get a photo. Settled in at the Cascade River State Park, we set out on a hike. We walked some of the Superior Hiking Trail; then we hiked up to the Cascade Falls. The trails are so well maintained and scenic to walk along. The state park was private and quiet!!!
July 4, 2007. Eagle Mt., while the hike was only about 6 miles, the weather was hot and the early glaciers left this land with huge boulders and rocks t climb over. Add that to the last and biggest factor—hungry mosquitoes! We had long pants and bug-shirts, but those buggers got me good! Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes…so it is safe to say it is the land of a gazillion bugs at this time of year. The trail proved to be a challenge, but we made it.
We stopped at Grand Marais Municipal Campground. It is July 4th…so yes the campground was very crowded. We had some wonderful fireworks after dusk.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb