Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Albert Lea
June 20th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 4. Oshkosh WI to Luverne, MN.

We took the pups to Best Friends Dog Park, a 9 acre off leash park in Oshkosh. They met a bunch of other dogs, including a black German short haired pointer whom they enjoyed playing with. Then we drove through the rest of WI, lots of farms, wide open flat fields as far as the eye can see. We crossed into Minnesota, and stopped at Great Bluffs State Park. This is on a bluff overlooking the mighty Mississippi River. The state run campsites there are very well organized, with running water, grills, and hot showers. We got water for the pups there and enjoyed a panoramic view of the Mississippi from several overlooks, and had a picnic lunch which was cut short as we escaped from the Minnesota mosquitoes. Saw an airshow from the Great Bluffs state park that was held in La Crosse, WI.
Sorry we missed going to show!
On through the rest of MN, driving parallel to the Iowa border, monotonous straight roads, more fields and farms. Saw our a MN wind farm--dozens of silver windmills, standing like giants in the fields, slowing waving as we drove by. Stayed overnight in a tiny town called Luverne. Had takeout dinner from the Magnolia steak house, would not recommend it, but we didn't try the steaks, which is their specialty since 1938.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Crossing borderCrossing border
Crossing border

Went over Mississippi R
Overlook of Mississippi ROverlook of Mississippi R
Overlook of Mississippi R

View from Great Bluff State Park
 WI WI
WI

View of WI; Black River and Mississipi River delta


21st June 2009

Finally out of the bad weather ...
Frank is here .... we are having a cookout tomorrow for Father's Day! We adopted a new JR Female .... 9 months old ...... she was the runt of a litter ..... but fits in here!

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb